Monday, October 14, 2013

Campus Liaison Spotlight: Meet Bethany Miller

Hometown: Holcomb, Mississippi
Current university: The University of Southern Mississippi
Program: PhD in Education (Research, Evaluation, Statistics, and Assessment)
Advisor: Kyna Shelley, Ph.D.
Graduation year: Spring 2014
Hobbies: Reading, Hiking, and Baking

How did you decide to go to graduate school?
I decided to go to graduate school because I wanted to learn more about assessment and use of data in education.

What did you do before going to graduate school? 
I was a high school English and Social Studies teacher.

What do you like best about your program/school? 
My favorite thing about my program is the flexibility of choice in developing your research interests.

What are you current research interests? 
My current research interests are health literacy and health disparities, organizational citizenship behavior, and assessment in k12 and adult basic education.

What is your favorite article and why?
I do not necessarily have a favorite article because I feel that each article offers something unique that I can take away from it. Currently I am reading a lot of articles about multilevel modeling.

What was your proudest moment or greatest accomplishment? 
My greatest accomplishment to date in progressing toward the completion of my degree has been having a research poster accepted at the Institute for Healthcare Advancement’s Health Literacy Conference.

Thanks for your participation Bethany!


No comments:

Post a Comment