Saturday, September 14, 2013

Campus Liaison Spotlight: Meet Özge Kabakci



Hometown: Ankara, Turkey

Current University: Bilkent University

Program: PhD in Curriculum and Instruction

Advisor: Dr. Sencer Çorlu

How did you decide to go to graduate school?
I always want to contribute to informed and research based decisions on change and reforms in education. In addition to that, I believed that continuing my education in a graduate school of education would help me to be more reflective about my practice,  and be more informed about improvements and trends in education.

What did you do before going to graduate school?
I have been working as a full time mathematics teacher at a high school.

What do you like best about your program/school?
The program is designed for full time teachers who wants to continue their education. Even though it is difficult to pursue a PhD degree while working as a teacher at a demanding school, my  graduate school environment engages and ecourages me to develop my knowledge in many areas related with curriculum and instruction,  reflect on my practices, make research and publish.

What are your current research interests?
I am currently working on strategies to help pre-services to start their teaching career more ready. Enhancing reflective practice and self-efficacy beliefs of pre-services are in the sphere of my interest.

What is your favorite article and why?
I can not specify one as a favorite but any research article which gives inspiration about how to make things better in teacher education, makes me feel excited.

Thanks for your participation Özge 

·       

No comments:

Post a Comment