The Call for Applications for Division C Graduate Student Council positions is now open! Each year the positions of Junior Co-Chair and Junior Representative become available as the Junior officers move into Senior positions. Service for the new Junior Co-Chair and Rep begin at the conclusion of the 2012 AERA Annual Meeting. Both the Co-Chair and GSC representative serve a term of two years. If you are interested in applying, please submit your application via the link below by Feb 7, 2012:
**Important** as noted in the application above, you should also submit a current C.V. and two letters of reference to:email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Phone interviews will be conducted and decisions made in early February 2012.
Here are descriptions of the two open positions:
- Act as a liaison for Division C graduate students with other Division C committees and the Vice-President. This includes contacting campus liaisons to determine how Division C can best support its members and maintaining and facilitating open communication lines between Division C GSC officers, Division C officers, and Division C members.
- Recruit new campus liaisons to the Council.
- Update the website, blog, & Facebook page as needed.
- Co-plan the New Directions session with Division C officers
- Attend the AERA Conference.
Responsibilities center around: student advocacy, community building, information dissemination, supporting GSC in governance of AERA student body. The Representative (as opposed to the Co-Chair) will become the point of contact for GSC news and represent Division C at planning meetings when he/she becomes the Senior Rep.
- Advocate for graduate students in Division C and GSC. Work with the Senior Representative to plan and develop materials for the annual meetings and Division C. Specifically co-plan the GSC Fireside Chat session.
- Co-author blogposts, respond to FB and blog comments & disseminate information as needed.
- Attend the AERA Annual Conference to represent Division C and GSC at relevant GSC and Divisional Events at the Annual Meeting.